Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You Know You Are a Mom When...

Another first! And I can't say it's a good one. In fact it's downright disgusting. But along with being peed and pooped on, this was just one more thing to include me into that special "Mom's Club".

Yep, I'm talking about barf. Puke if you will. Not that innocent baby spit-up either (which by the way Bugs was most proficient at. You had to bring extra shirts just to visit us or risk spending the rest of your day covered).  We are talking about real vomit. The kind that SMELLS and is CHUNKY! And of course, it happened in the car. Great.

While driving home and carpooling with Hubs, if Bugs gets fussy I usually climb in the back seat and hang out with her. I don't get to see her all day so it's an extra hour of playtime for me. She's a pro at peek-a-boo now in case you were wondering.  Anyway I climbed back yesterday and thought, "Hmn, I better pull her bib out over her straps since she's drooling like crazy." Well thank god I did because about 2.7 seconds later, BLEAH! Chunky, real person throw-up. And you know I don't have to tell you what a PAIN it is to dismantle a car seat to clean the cover. Ours is no exception.

So our hour commute home was accompanied by the pungent aroma of grossness. Because she didn't pull this stunt 5 minutes from home. Oh no, she pulled it 5 minutes INTO the ride. And then twice more before we got home.  Nice right?  Of course my emergency travel baby accessories is in the OTHER car. I had 1 old paper napkin and a sample pack of wipes to contain/clean up after her with. Another lesson learned. Always carry extra wipes!!

But no worries, she seemed fine and fever-less so we think it was just an upset tummy. But alas, I have another "badge" to add to my mom sash. It's going right next to my poop badge of which I am equally proud!

On a side note, Happy Valentine's Day!