Thursday, January 19, 2012

Goodbye Bottles!

Our old non-leaky cup.
I heart you Playtex!
Well it’s official.  The bottles are G-O-N-E! And let me tell you it’s not a moment too soon in my opinion! We have been using the Dr. Brown’s bottles and they have seven, yes SEVEN, pieces to them! Washing them has been incredibly time consuming, not to mention in addition to the drying rack they are huge space eater uppers of my very limited counter space!

We attempted to start giving Bugs a sippy cup at about 5 months, just to experiment. She did ok if she was really hungry but otherwise, she didn’t really want anything to do with it. Which was fine. So we just offered the cup and let her choose. 

At about 8 months we were full blown cup through the day thanks to “M”. She really worked with Bugs on this and did a great job. But I was reluctant to take away her night time bottle. I felt it was a comfort thing to Buggy and with starting the sleep training I just didn’t want to have to fight too many battles at one time.

So this week, “M” tells us that Bugs has chewed through her sippy and we need to provide a new one. No problem. She suggested going up a level in cups. Sure! I tell her that she has hard cups at home and does well, so I’ll get her more since she’s chewing threw the rubber ones anyway. Well “M” let’s her try the stage 4 toddler cup. AND BUGGY LOVES IT! She does great! Awesome! No more crazy impossible rubber topped cups that leak like crazy!

So last night we took away the last bottle and gave her a cup before bed. She didn’t even bat an eye! Just slugged it down, snuggled up and passed out. Really? Did that just happen? Um yeah. Have I mentioned we’re incredibly lucky??

Goodbye seven piece bottles and drying rack – I won’t miss you and your counter space invading.  See ya leaky rubber cups! Hello easy dishwasher safe, spill proof cup!  I think I love you…