Tuesday, January 3, 2012

There is a Teenager in that 20 lb Body

Oh what a long weekend. Perhaps this is why I feel like there is a teenager trapped inside my baby's body.  We spent Bugs first New Year's at Hubs' family cabin in the "twitterless wilderness" of Pennsylvania.  All in all it was great, a little hiking (surprisingly it was warm!) a little family time, some games, some drinking and lots of eating - it was wonderful. Even better was sleeping in until 10 am (yes you heard me, 10! I didn't even think that was possible anymore!) because my MIL snagged Bugs at 6 am both mornings so we could sleep in! It was heaven.

Well once we got home to finish our long weekend Bugs was totally out of sorts. She, like her momma, is a creature of habit and routine. Well her routine was shot to hell. Add that to more teeth (we blame everything cranky related to teething and have been since she was about 4 months old) and you have yourself the non-napping crabass baby of 2012.

So can someone please explain to me why my formally happy child is now throwing herself backwards head-first at the slightest sign of her displeasure? Our first temper tantrum.

-No remote? -throws entire body backwards and commences screaming fit for approximately 7 seconds....
-Removed her from dangerous end table? -throws entire body backwards and commences screaming fit for approximately 4 seconds....
-Placed in pack-n-play so I can pee without her injuring herself as I'm in the middle of deconstructing Christmas? -throws entire body backwards and commences screaming fit for approximately 15 seconds....

And this body throwing is not without appreciation. I mean she goes from the crawling position to backwards on her knees. This is some serious flexibility my friends. I guess if all else fails I can sell her to Cirque de Soleil. But I won't. Unless it's for a good price.